In Windows Vista™ one can observe a completely new design of the Start Menu. Although, this design may be good for some people, others may prefer to use the Classic Start Menu used in earlier versions of Windows. Follow these steps to change the Start Menu back to the Classic View.
To Display The Windows Vista Classic Start Menu
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
- Then click on Taskbar and Start Menu.
- Now click the Start Menu tab and then click on Classic Start menu.
- Then click on OK to apply the settings.
- Windows Vista will then change the Start Menu to the Classic View.
Note: There are other ways to change the look of your folders to suit your needs such as opening all files and folders with a single click. You can explore the extra options listed under the View tab.