A Controller is a device that controls the transfer of data from a computer to a peripheral device and vice versa. For example, disk drives, display screens, keyboards, and printers all require controllers. In personal computers, the controllers are often single chips. When you purchase a computer, it comes with all the necessary controllers for the usual standard components. However if you attach additional devices, you may need to insert new controllers that come on expansion boards and they must be designed to communicate with the computer's expansion bus. There are three standard bus architectures for PCs— the AT bus, PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect), and SCSI. Therefore, when you purchase a controller, you must ensure that it conforms to the bus architecture that your computer uses.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!