Your user account password is the password that you use to Log On to Windows Vista™ when your computer starts up. However, if you are the only user on your computer with very little security concerns, deleting your account password will allow you to completely bypass the log on process.
To Delete Windows Vista User Account Password
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Then click on User Accounts.
- Now click on Remove your password.
- Then enter your current password in the text box on the next screen.
- Now click on the Remove Password button to confirm your changes.
- Note: You will no longer need a password to log on to Windows Vista from this point forward.