FTP is an abbreviation for File Transfer Protocol, which is a standard which permits information from one computer to be sent to another computer on the Internet. Both computers must support their respective FTP roles: one must be an FTP client and the other an FTP server. Two streams are maintained: The first, on port 20, sends the data itself. The second, on port 21, controls the transmission of that data. FTP is useful for data sharing, but flaws in its password system render it vulnerable to electronic eavesdropping and data theft. The protocol was developed in the 1970s for use on a national network called Arpanet.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!