JPEG is an abbreviation for Joint Photographic Experts Group, an alliance committee who issued the standard in 1992. More commonly, JPEG is used to mean any image convertible into electronic data by use of the method ("JFIF," or JPEG File Interchange Format) devised by that group. JPEG itself specifies both the codec, which defines how an image is compressed into a stream of bytes and decompressed back into an image, and the file format used to contain that stream. The JPEG format is especially well-suited to the conversion of full-color photographic images into small, transmittable electronic files.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!