If you have a free Hotmail E-Mail Account, you probably retrieve your mail via the Hotmail Sign In Screen on the Hotmail Web Site (www.hotmail.com). But did you know that Microsoft allows us to link our Hotmail account with Outlook Express? If you choose to do this, you will be able to use the powerful mail functions of Outlook Express and have the ability to view and organize you Inbox, Outbox and Sent Items folders etc. Therefore, this technical brief will show you how to link Outlook Express to your Hotmail Account.
Linking Outlook Express To Your Hotmail Account
- Ensure that you are connected to the Internet before you begin.
- Then launch Outlook Express in the manner you normally do until it opens.
- Then click on the word Tools, which is contained in your top tool bar area.
- This will pull down a menu for you to now click on Accounts.
- In the Internet Accounts window, click on the Add button in the right corner of the screen.
- Then click on the word Mail to begin establishing your mail account.
- The Internet Connection Wizard will launch and ask you to type in your Display name.
- Simply type in your name such as John Smith and click on the Next button.
- In the E-Mail address screen, enter your current E-Mail address such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then click on the Next button at the bottom of the screen to continue.
- In the E-Mail Server Names screen, choose HTTP for you Incoming Mail Server.
- And then choose Hotmail for your HTTP mail server provider.
- Notice how Outlook Express automatically fills in its information for the Incoming mail server.
- Now click on the Next button at the bottom of the screen to continue.
- In the Internet Mail Logon screen, enter your Hotmail Account name: such as email@example.com
- Then enter your exact Hotmail Account password in the Password: section of the screen.
- You also have the option to allow Outlook Express to remember your password if you like.
- After all options are set, click on the Next button at the bottom of the screen to continue.
- Outlook Express will Congratulate you for successfully setting up your account.
- Now click on the Finish button at the bottom of the screen to save your settings.
- Then click on the Close button at the bottom of the screen to exit the Internet Accounts Window.
- Windows will ask you if you would like to download folders from the mail server you added.
- Click on the Yes button to allow Windows to download your Hotmail account folders.
Note: Microsoft now charges a $19.95 yearly fee to link new Hotmail accounts To Outlook Express.