POST is an abbreviation for Power On Self Test. When a PC is powered up or restarted, the first thing the BIOS does is perform some basic tests for the existence and/or functionality of various hardware components. Should any of these tests fail, the BIOS simply beeps to indicate the error, and stops the system. The number of beeps describes which of the sub-system tests failed. Unfortunately, there is no explicit standard between manufacturers for these error codes, so you will need to contact technical support or the manufacturer's web site to obtain this information.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!