Windows Vista™ also contains the same basic file-management commands that were available to us within Windows XP, such as copy, cut and paste. You can use these basic file-management commands to transfer data to removable media, such as flash drives or memory cards, to share data with other people.
To Copy And Paste Files, Folders And Icons In Windows Vista
- Find the file, folder or icon you wish to copy.
- Then right-click on the file, folder or icon and select Copy.
- Now navigate to the location where you want to paste the file, folder or icon.
- Then right-click the location and select Paste.
- Windows Vista will then paste the file, folder or icon to the specified location.
Note: Select Copy when you want to duplicate something and leave the original file, folder or icon intact. Select Cut when you want to physically move the original file, folder or icon to a new or different location.