Yellow Book is the industry standard that defines the format of CD-ROMs, Yellow Book was the first extension of the audio CD (Red Book) standard, and it enables CDs to contain 650MB of computer data instead of only digital sound. The Yellow Book standard defines two data types. Mode 1 describes CD-ROM data with Logical Error Correction Code (LECC), which provides room for 2,048 bytes of user data and is the mode used to store data that is unforgiving of error, like computer programs or databases. Mode 2 describes sector data stored without LECC, which provides increased room for 2,336 bytes of user data. This mode is typically used for data that is more tolerant of error, like audio, video, or graphics.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!